Jewellery Quarter supports Ladywood Food Bank this Christmas
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Beginning at the Christmas Lights Switch On on Thursday 17th November at 5pm, there will be a drop off point for donations to Ladywood Foodbank in the Jewellery Quarter in the run up to Christmas. This year is going to be difficult for many local families with the cost of living increasing, so we want to do everything we can to support the efforts of this fantastic local organisation.
The foodbank are looking for donations of food and non-food items. Please take careful note of items which cannot be accepted (including chocolate due to caffeine content). The shopping list is below.
If you would like to drop off a donation after the Lights Switch On, before the end of December, please email email@example.com to make arrangements.
You can also donate money via PayPal here, to allow the Foodbank to shop in bulk for items they are short on.
- Breakfast Cereals
- Cooking/Pasta Sauce
- Dried; Beans, Peas, Lentils, Pasta, Spaghetti & Rice
- Dried Milk Powder, UHT Milk, Tinned Milk, Non-Dairy UHT Milk (Soya,
Rice, Almond etc.)
- Fruit Juices (UHT), Cordials & Squashes
- Healthy Biscuits & Snacks
- Herbal Teas & Drinks
- Jars of Honey, Jam, Marmalade & Peanut Butter
- Packet Soups, Noodles & Ready-meals
- Tinned; Beans, Spaghetti, Soups, Desserts, Puddings, Fruit & Vegetables
- Tinned; Fish & Meat 0r Vegetarian Alternatives
- Anti-bacterial hand gel
- Baby Bath lotion/lotion/moisturiser/wipes
- Can opener/Cutlery
- Disposable razors
- Sanitary Towels/Tampons
- Shaving Gel
- Shower Gel/Bath Crème/Soap
- Tissues/Toilet Roll
- Wash Bags
The foodbank CANNOT accept:
- Short dated or Out Of Date Products
- Damaged, Opened or Partly consumed items
- Alcoholic Products
- Caffeinated Drinks & Foods: Coffee, Tea, Chocolate, Cola etc.
- Pork Products
- Shellfish Products