Christmas 2021 marketing summary
Reading Time: 2 minutes
Our marketing efforts this year will consist of using a range of marketing channels. With additional funding provided by the Jewellery Quarter Marketing Initiative (JQMI), our campaign aims to reach a large audience to subsequently increase footfall to the Jewellery Quarter over the Christmas period.
Christmas campaign summary
- 5-week campaign with Global to advertise the Jewellery Quarter on the side of busses with routes to and from the city centre, reaching areas including Edgbaston, Harborne and Solihull
- Partnership with Independent Birmingham – dedicated newsletter, mention in a newsletter, and social media posts on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn (combined reach of more than 130k on social)
- Partnership with I Choose Birmingham – two editorial pieces and two adverts across a total of four newsletters
- 2 x press releases
- 2 x television adverts on Birmingham TV for a total of two months
- Leaflet drop to Jewellery Quarter residents promoting the Christmas Lights Switch On event on November 19th
- Leaflet drop to residents in Birmingham and Solihull post codes (15,000 qty)
- Posters and leaflets in JQ venues and Library of Birmingham
- Joint ‘Christmas in Birmingham’ campaign with City Centre BIDs, German Market, and Birmingham City Council. Includes a brand new Christmas attraction flyer and Birmingham Christmas video
- Promotion on our owned media channels, including social media (combined reach of 15k), the Discover JQ app (1.2k users), and email (4.2k subscribers)
This year, the JQBID will also be supporting Change into Action – the alternative giving scheme that supports specialist charities in helping rough sleepers across the West Midlands. There will be QR codes on all Window Trail literature linking to the donation page, with the Banksy forming part of the trail route. We will also be liaising with The Active Wellbeing Society in supporting businesses to donate items to local food banks.
The success of our marketing campaign and Christmas events will be communicated to all BID levy payers in January.
To join the conversation on social media over the next few months, please use the hashtag #JQChristmas and tag the JQBID in any social media posts.
If you have any questions regarding the campaign, please email firstname.lastname@example.org