Planned protest: affected route
Reading Time: < 1 minute
On Sunday 11th, approximately 100 vehicles will undertake a relatively slow moving procession to protest against recent decisions taken by the Indian Government in relation to farming in Punjab.
The procession will begin c. 12.00 at Guru Nanak Gurdwara in Smethwick, head down Soho Road, pass along Colmore Row from the direction of Snow Hill before heading up Newhall St, and Graham St and back to the A41 finishing at Guru Har Rai Gurdwara in West Bromwich.
Sun 11 Oct 2020 – 1200h-1300h
Punjabi Sikh community – Kisaan rally
50-100 vehicle road procession.
- Vehicle convoy led by a tractor. Top speed unknown, but likely to be slower than normal traffic.
- Sticking to inside lane to allow for other traffic to overtake (where this is possible)
- The protest organisers have only provided an approximate indication of the intended route, but this would appear to be:
- Guru Nanak Gurdwara (Smethwick) > Rolfe St > Booth St > Soho Road > Soho Hill > Hockley Hill > Great Hampton St > Constitution Hill > Old Snow Hill > Livery St > Colmore Row > Newhall St > Graham St > Newhall Hill > Soho Road > Holyhead Road > Birmingham Road > West Bromwich High St > Guru Har Rai Gurdwara
- No intention to disrupt, e.g. by sounding horns
- The convoy will not overtake the tractor.
- Significant traffic impact likely across route.
West Midlands Police are aware, and there is no reason to believe that this will be anything other than a peaceful protest.