The JQ Festival is Back!
We're back for the 5th year running in what promises to be our best Festival yet! With a brand-new look and exciting change in format, explore our programme below.
Join us for some fun favourites on the first day of the Festival and experience the energy of the JQ. Expect family fun activities, and exciting performances, as well as street food, music and a whole host of activities celebrating the bicentenary of James Watts - the industrial pioneer and inventor who resided in the Quarter between 1777 to 1790.
- A fully rideable steam engine across the Golden Square.
- CircusMASH who are returning with an epic Space-inspired performance.
- Birmingham Museums Trust showcasing a whole host of 'out of this world' themed crafts and activities.
- The Quarter's famous Brewery Tour.
- A James Watt reenactor bringing the man himself to life.
- A Kids Activity Zone run by JQ Townscape Heritage.
- Succulent street food, drinks and live music.
Celebrate the history of the JQ on Sunday with a series of talks and walks, and immerse yourself in the incredible heritage of the Quarter.
- A guided tour of the JQ, discovering the unique stories behind the signs, lettering and numbers you'll find in the Quarter.
- A theatre style programme of panel talks and discussions surrounding the Quarter's rich heritage.
- A special exhibition welcoming local JQ jewellers and businesses.
JQ Open Studios Returns
Returning this year, across both Saturday and Sunday, we're excited to welcome back JQ Open Studios. This is your chance to go behind closed doors, and discover the art of making first hand from the true creatives of the Quarter. Speak to local makers, watch demonstrations and take part in workshops that include the art of jewellery, needle craft, leather making and much more.
If you're a studio and would like to open your doors, contact us to register your interest.
Jam House Turns 20
What better way to celebrate Jam House's big birthday than a special event in their own front garden? That's right - join in on the celebrations as The Jam House takes over St. Paul's Square for a mini-Glastonbury of their own - with an array of live music across Saturday afternoon.
Join Our Mailing List
The Jazz Festival Returns 19th – 28th July!The annual Birmingham, Sandwell & Westside Jazz Festival returns to the region from 19th...
JQ Voucher Booklet: Get a free chocolate spoon when you order over £20 at the Chocolate QuarterDuring this year’s JQ Festival, the Chocolate Quarter are giving away a free giant...