Date of expiry: 01/01/2021
Do you enjoy the buzz of meeting new people in a public-facing role? Are you helpful, confident, and approachable – a real people person, with some time to give? Do you enjoy heritage, and talking about it? Would you thrive working in an inclusive and accessible environment? If so, we are currently recruiting for Hosts@TheHive to welcome visitors to our brand-new Heritage Hub at the New Standard Works in the heart of the world-famous Jewellery Quarter.
What does the role involve?
• Providing a warm and inclusive welcome to visitors
• Enhancing the visitor experience with your knowledge of the building, contents and people who worked there
• Offering great customer service through providing information about the historic Jewellery Quarter to visitors/tourists to the area
• Engaging our visitors’ senses by running activities such as handling historic objects and providing guided tours of the building
• Selling retail items and capturing visitor feedback
• Keeping the area tidy and safe
• Being a general all-rounder.
Other areas of work you might like to get involved with:
• Assisting with the curation, installation/de-installation of exhibitions
• Supporting event days
• Helping us to keep the site family friendly by delivering craft activities
• Researching the building’s history and our collections (including assisting with the cataloguing of objects)
• Write blogs and content for our social media outlets.