Safeguarding of Children Free training
Healthcare Training Academy and Firstpoint Healthcare are offering free safeguarding of children training to support Children In Need
The overview of training will help identify the below;
- Child maltreatment in its different forms (physical including Fabricated and induced illness, emotional and sexual abuse, and neglect) including child trafficking, FGM and radicalisation including prevalence and impact.
- The relevance of parental, family and carer factors such as domestic abuse, mental and physical ill-health, substance and alcohol misuse.
- What to do if there are concerns about child maltreatment, including local policies and procedures around who to contact, where to obtain further advice and support, and have awareness of the referral process.
- The importance of sharing information (including the consequences of failing to do so)
- What to do if concerns are not being taken seriously or any other barriers to referring a child/family.
- Risks associated with the internet and online social networking.
- What the term ‘Looked after child’ means.
- Ability to recognise possible signs of child maltreatment relating to the healthcare workers role.
- Ability to seek appropriate advice and report concerns, and feel confident that concerns have been listened to.