Leather Pouch Workshop
Come and make a machine-sewn leather pouch, perfect for storing a variety of bits and pieces such as phone, cash, makeup or can be used as a clutch bag. There will be a small selection of coloured leathers to choose from. You will be shown how to use leather making tools and equipment safely and to machine sew leather.
The Short Course is suitable for adults – beginners or improvers. You are more than welcome to bring your own apron to wear during the afternoon and will sew your pouch on your own sewing machine.
- You will work from a pre-made template.
- You will be shown how to use an industrial sewing machine. Focusing on starting, sewing and ending your sewing neatly.
- You will practice sewing before you start your pouch.
- You will choose your leather and cut the desired shape out using a template.
- Sew your pouch using an industrial sewing machine.
- Apply an edge-painted finish.