Discovering Birmingham Tour
Discovering Birmingham; Understand today’s city in its historical context
- Take the ‘secret canal’ to the Jewellery Quarter
- Understand Jewellery Quarter industries from artisan jewellers right up to giants of electroplating and pen nib manufacturing.
- See where the city is heading into the future
- Black lives matter – appreciate Birmingham’s the extent of the town’s role in and reliance on 17th and 18th century slave trade
- Inlcudes major city Squares.
This 2 hour walking tour gives a great introduction to the city and Jewellery Quarter and will be of interest equally to local people and visitors. A fantastic way to spend a Sunday afternoon.