Cannulation Training and IV
Healthcare Trainig Academy are offering a cannulation course to all Healthcare Professionals. Cannulation is one of the most commonly performed procedures within the NHS. We will be going through the theory and practical to perform this procedure. You will be issued with a certificate for your portfolio upon successful completion.
To allow students successfully identify appropriate Cannulation sites and succsefully undertake cannulation and understand IV Therapy.
- Code of Conduct/Introduction
- Indications for use
- Anatomy of the lower arm and choice of vein
- Choice of device
- Care of the cannula in situ
- Areas to be avoided
- Possible complications/contraindications
- Legal and professional aspects
- Health and Safety
- Supervised practice