J W Evans Silver Factory
Established in 1881, J W Evans is one of the most complete surviving historic factories in the Jewellery Quarter. Behind the terraced house frontage, the workshops retain their original drop stamps and fly presses. They are packed with thousands of dies for the manufacture of silverware, as well as the whole of the working equipment, stock and records of the business. To walk into the factory today is like stepping into a lost industrial world.
English Heritage stepped in to rescue J. W. Evans Silver Factory in 2008. With the completion of the repairs programme, the site opened to the public in summer 2011.
Guided tours of J. W. Evans are available on a limited number of days throughout summer. The size of the property means these are limited to 10 people per tour, and must be booked in advance.
Tours cost £7.50 per person. To book, please call 0870 333 1181.