The Prince of Wales once described Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter as 'remarkable', 'marvellous' and 'authentic'. The Jewellery Quarter Development Trust will ensure that it remains so.
The Jewellery Quarter Development Trust (JQDT) was established on 4 May 2011. It is a Community Interest Company constituted and operated for the benefit of the communities in Birmingham’s historic Jewellery Quarter and replaces the Jewellery Quarter Regeneration Partnership. The JQDT will carry out a range of activities for the benefit of all who live, work, learn within, invest in and visit the area. This includes:
- being the custodian and champion of the Regeneration Action Plan
- delivering additional services to the area through the Business Improvement District (BID)
- developing sustainable projects that will benefit the community and deliver an income to serve the Trust
- delivering the objectives of the JQDT.
Our main objectives are to:
- improve the economic well being of the area
- provide better amenities, facilities and cultural activities and visitor attractions
- encourage initiatives that provide high quality, sustainable and affordable housing
- promote and enhance the unique industrial heritage
- maintain and provide an attractive, clean and safe environment
- oversee the BID for the Jewellery Quarter.
The JQDT have the community’s interests at heart, you can show your support and help continue their work by donating to their cause here.